ShawCAN Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you trade with us or interact with one of our websites.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, ShawCAN Ltd and website properties including shawcan.com, smartageing.co.uk, techangels.org.uk .
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR
Who we are and how you can contact us
We are ShawCAN Ltd, a private limited company, with company number 10145197 and whose registered office is located at 29 Jupiter Road, Ipswich, IP4 4NT.
You can contact us in writing at the above address or by emailing contracts @ shawcan.com.
Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
Personal data you give us
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
Personal data you give to us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, submit to anti-money laundering checks, place an order, participate in discussion boards or engage with us in other ways. The information you give us may include you
- job title,
- e-mail address,
- phone number,
- financial payment information (not including credit card data).
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences (see How we use your personal data for marketing);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to review and improve our service;
- to manage and administer our business;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to meet our legal obligations.
Personal data we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, linked websites visited from our sites, and information about your visit, including page interaction information.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Personal data we recieve from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In such cases, these third parties may collect personal data about you which they will share with us. We may work closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, credit reference agencies, identification verification and fraud prevention agencies).
We will combine this information with any personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You can read about the cookies used for our websites here. We use partners for providing analytics, communications and advertising including:
Data security and protection
We take care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. All information you provide to us is stored on machines with appropriate network and physical security. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.smartageing.co.uk or as a titled text link like this: Advice on using technology to support independent living.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
- you make an enquiry about our services;
- you buy our services or enter into a contract with us;
- you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our services;
- you have registered an account on one of our websites and have indicated during the sign up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications.
We may send you marketing communications by email, telephone, automated calls, text message, post.
You can ask us to only send you marketing communications by particular methods (for example, you may be happy to receive emails from us but not telephone calls), about specific subjects) or you may ask us not to send you any marketing communications at all.
We may ask you to indicate your marketing preferences when you first register an account on our site. You can check and update your current marketing preferences at any time by contacting us using the details set out in the Contact section of this website.
We will only share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes if you provide us with your consent to do so by ticking a box on a form we use to collect your personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact section of this website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Third party sites and services
As mentioned above, our site contains links to other third party sites, products and services. If you choose to visit these sites and/or purchase their products or services, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties to determine how they will collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on third party websites, nor can we be held liable for the way in which those sites choose to handle your personal information.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template